Renewal of Vows and Wedding Blessings
You have married abroad and now want to celebrate with your family and friends and have your wedding blessed and share your exchange of vows with your nearest and dearest.
You are celebrating a special anniversary and want to renew your wedding vows.
You have a special personal reason to renew your vows.
There can be a variety of reasons why couples want to renew their vows or have their marriage / civil partnership blessed. There is no legal requirement for renewal of vows or blessing.
Many couples now choose to marry abroad. However, this can mean some or all of their family and friends are not able to share their special day. They choose to have a ceremony later to include family and friends to celebrate with them. Often they will choose to use the vows they exchanged on their wedding day or they can write new ones.
What a wonderful way to celebrate a special anniversary such as a Silver, Pearl, Golden or Diamond Wedding and renew your vows as part of your celebrations. However long ago it was, how special would it be to share again with guests who were there on the wedding day? Also to share a special recognition of your years of marriage with family and friends who were possibly not even born then, including your children?
You couldn't afford a big "do" when you got married and now you can, you want to have that special day as you celebrate your wedding anniversary.
One of you has been ill and you want to celebrate their recovery from illness or you have been through a traumatic time in your relationship. A renewal of vows to each other reflecting what may have changed in your relationship would be a powerful way to celebrate your new commitment.
Whatever the reason I can create a unique ceremony, tailored to your wishes to incorporate whatever music, readings etc you want.
- meet with you to discuss what you want, why you are renewing your vows, this can be a home visit, a meeting at the venue, whatever suits you
- listen to what you tell me, get to know you and the story of your romance, relationship
- ask you to fill in a questionnaire to gather relevant information for the ceremony
- help you to write your vows, if you need my help
- discuss what special rituals you might want to incorporate such as hand fasting, unity candles, exchanging of roses, unity sand ceremony etc link to page?
- design the ceremony and send you a draft to approve/amend then agree final version
- choreograph the ceremony with you, ideally having a rehearsal so bridesmaids, ushers, people doing readings etc know where to be and when
- conduct the ceremony professionally allowing you to relax and enjoy your special day designed just for you
The cost for the above is £350
You can have a guest book for you to sign your vows and ask all your guests to write a message to you and if you wish a certificate of the day which you can sign. Again it is up to you.
You arrange and pay for your venue, flowers, catering, entertainment and similar to celebrate your ceremony.
I am based near Leeds in West Yorkshire but I am happy to travel throughout the North and Midlands especially the Lake District and North Lancashire where I have contacts.
If there is travelling of more than 40 miles or an overnight stay involved then we would need to discuss what extra costs might be.
Also if you wish me to purchase items you wish to keep after your ceremony such as candles or guest book then we can agree further costs.
So please contact me to discuss your tailor made ceremony for your special day.