You want to welcome a new member of the family and celebrate with a baby naming ceremony.
Traditionally the celebration involved in welcoming a new baby into the family is a Christening or other religious ceremony. Today many parents are not religious or are multi faith couples but would still like to welcome the baby and celebrate with family and friends to commit to supporting the child as they grow up.
The parents want the child to be able to choose their own faith when they are old enough.
You are adopting a child and want to celebrate with family and friends.
A step family wishes to make a commitment to each other.
Whatever the reason I can help you create a special ceremony, involving grandparents, secular Godparents, mentors, readings, music etc.
The choice of venue and theme is up to you.
- meet with you to discuss what you want, why you are having the ceremony, this can be a home visit, a meeting at the venue, whatever suits you
- listen to what you tell me, get to know you and the story of your family
- ask you to fill in a questionnaire to gather relevant information for the ceremony
- help you to choose commitments which the secular Godparents will make, if you need my help
- discuss what special rituals you might want to incorporate such as planting of flowers, plants etc
- design the ceremony and send you a draft to approve / amend then agree final version
- choreograph the ceremony with you , ideally having a rehearsal so participants, people doing readings etc know where to be and when
- conduct the ceremony professionally allowing you to relax and enjoy your special day designed just for you
The cost for the above is £200
You can have a guest book for you to sign and ask all your guests to write a message to you and your baby, and if you wish a certificate of the day which you and the Godparents can sign. Again it is up to you.
You arrange and pay for your venue, flowers, catering, entertainment and similar to celebrate your ceremony.
I am based near Leeds in West Yorkshire but I am happy to travel throughout the North and Midlands especially the Lake District and North Lancashire where I have contacts.
If there is travelling of more than 40 miles or an overnight stay involved then we would need to discuss what extra costs might be.
Also if you wish me to purchase items you wish to keep after your ceremony such as candles or guest book then we can agree further costs.
So please contact me to discuss your tailor made ceremony for your special day.